Join our Team!
We are currently hiring for the following positions:
Volunteer Coordinator and Program Assistant
REPORTS TO: Special Programs Director
TIME COMMITMENT: Up to 40 hours per week, with occasional evenings and weekends to meet USOHRCV events schedule.
WORKING CONDITIONS: Office environment with occasional travel/exposure to offsite and outdoor events and activities.
GENERAL DESCRIPTION: Working closely with both the Special Programs Director and Chief Operating Officer, the role as Volunteer Coordinator will maintain and oversee the infrastructure that supports the USOHRCV’s volunteer outreach efforts and database, Volunteer Management System. The role as Program Assistant will proactively assist in day-to-day execution and support of assigned USO programs/events.
- Maintain volunteer database including logging and tracking of volunteer hours and information.
- In a timely manner, respond/resolve high volume of volunteer inquiries and technical assistance. Follow-up as needed.
- Maintain confidentiality of volunteer information and other sensitive files.
- Assist the Special Programs Director with on-site/off-site coordination, implementation tracking and management of programs/events, including but not limited to receiving participant information, inventory tracking, and event logistics.
- Coordinate with internal resources as needed to create and distribute program communication to a variety of internal and external audiences.
- Support administration of volunteer recognition projects and programs including but not limited to USO Volunteer of the Quarter/Year.
- Generate metrics, reports and statistical lists when needed.
- Other duties as required *This is not an all-encompassing list of responsibilities
- 1-3 years work experience in a customer service/support role.
- Relevant experience in a not-for-profit, military, multicultural organization preferred.
- Strong interpersonal, customer service and problem-solving skills. Ability to interact with USO leadership, the general public and military audiences at a variety of levels with integrity and professionalism.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office 365 applications. Familiarity with Digital Cheetah or similar volunteer software, desired.
- Must be punctual, show initiative, self-motivated, and attentive to detail with the ability to manage multiple projects with competing priorities.
- Ability to quickly and easily adapt to changing organizational needs.
- Ability to obtain and maintain proper credentials necessary to access USO Center locations and facilities including but not limited to security and/or background screening, and a valid driver’s license.
- Must have access to a vehicle for work-related off-site meetings and events.
- Must be a strong advocate of the USO’s mission to lift the spirits of
- America’s troops and their families.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE Related experience preferred, Bachelor’s degree a plus. Experience with volunteer relations/database management highly desired. Past administrative or executive assistance support.
- Must have clean driving record for use of company vehicle on days requiring travel.
- Sitting long periods of time.
- Repetitive finger, hand/wrist motion and staring at a computer screen for long periods of time.
- Other physical requirements involve walking, stair climbing throughout a regular workday and occasional lifting/hauling.
- Good vision and hearing.
- Ability to lift 40 pounds or more.
HOW TO APPLY: Please send resume to ContactUs@usohrcv.org
Subject Line: VCPA Position – YOUR NAME
Qualified candidates will be contacted by phone to schedule an initial interview.