There are countless ways volunteers support the USO, but they all share an abiding dedication to our service members and their families. Whether it’s volunteering in one of our centers, welcoming service members at a homecoming, volunteering at special events, or providing a listening ear, our volunteers are the reason service members know they can count on the USO.
- Volunteers must be 18 years or older to volunteer in a center
- Minors (13 and up) are allowed to volunteer at some Special Events, only if parent or guardian volunteers WITH them and signs a Minor Waiver Form
- USOHRCV does not accept limited duration volunteer commitments, such as to fulfill court-ordered community service hours due to the time commitment required for volunteer training
- In order to be considered for a volunteer position, all applicants must agree to submit to a security background check as required by many of the installations and airports where the USO centers are located (where needed)
- USOHRCV volunteers must not have been convicted of a felony
Interested in volunteering at special events?
Step 1) Visit/sign-up at: click here
(be sure to choose “HRCV’s Outreach” as your center)
Step 2) Complete the Short Training Videos
Interested in volunteering at a USO center?
- Step 1) Choose a Location: click here
- (each of our centers have different hours)
- Step 2) Start the Application: click here
- Step 3) Complete the Short Training Videos
Please contact Krystle Lipetzky email@example.com, with any volunteer questions.
The Special Events Volunteer will assist with special events the USO of Hampton Roads and Central Virginia (USOHRCV) hosts within a center or at another location, which can include military homecomings, trainings or deployments, holiday parties, concerts, booths at fairs and festivals, military appreciation days, and much more.
The Center Representative Volunteer will assist with day-to-day operations, programs, and activities of our USO of Hampton Roads and Central Virginia centers.
The Canine Comfort Crew are the therapy dogs of USOHRCV. If you and your furry friend are interested in being part of the Canine Comfort Crew, please click here or contact Krystle Lipetzky firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
USO STATEMENT ON VOLUNTEER SERVICE
Serving America’s troops and their families is a privilege. Volunteers serve at the sole discretion of the USO and the organization may elect to engage or discontinue a volunteer’s services at any time or for any reason or no reason. Completing a volunteer interest form does not guarantee engagement in USO volunteer activities.
Click to download the 2022 Demographic Profile Updates (A Guide for Volunteers)Continue on volunteers.uso.org